Effective immediately the new number for our Baxter branch is 641-758-2989.
This Mobile Deposit User Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions for the use of State Savings Bank’s Mobile Deposit services that State Savings Bank (“bank”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) may provide to you (“you” or “user”). Other arrangements you have entered into with State Savings Bank, as applicable to your State Savings Bank account(s), are incorporated by reference and made a part of this Agreement, including the Online Banking Agreement.
1. Services. State Savings Bank Mobile Deposit services (“Services”) are designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, savings, or money market savings accounts from home or other remote locations by capturing the image of a check and delivering the images and associated deposit information to State Savings Bank or our designated processor.
2. Acceptance of these Terms. Your use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change at any time. We will notify you of any material change via e-mail, text message, or on our website by providing a link to the revised Agreement. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your consent to be bound by the revised Agreement. Furthermore, State Savings Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the Services. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your acceptance of any such changes to the Services.
3. Limitations of Service. When using the Services, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We will attempt to post alerts on our website to notify you of these interruptions in Service. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. Some of the Services have qualification requirements, and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, or your use of the Services, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you.
4. Hardware and Software. In order to use the Services, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense, compatible hardware and software as specified by State Savings Bank. State Savings Bank is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Services. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
5. Eligible Items. You agree to scan and deposit only “checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg. CC”). When the image of the check transmitted to State Savings Bank is converted to an image for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Articles and of the Uniform Commercial Code.
You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
6. Endorsements and Procedures. You agree to restrictively endorse any item transmitted through the Services as “Electronically Deposited” and signed with the payee’s signature or as otherwise instructed by State Savings Bank. You agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Services as State Savings Bank may establish from time to time.
7. Receipt of Items. We reserve the right to reject any item transmitted through the Services, at our discretion, without liability to you. We are not responsible for items we do not receive when you receive a confirmation from State Savings Bank that we have received the image. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account. We further reserve the right to charge back to your account at any time, any item that we subsequently determine was not an eligible item. You agree that the Bank is not liable for any loss, costs, or fees you may incur as a result of our chargeback of an ineligible item.
8. Availability of Funds. Our policy is to make funds from your mobile check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. For determining the availability of your mobile deposit, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. Checks deposited via the Service by the Bank’s stated 4:00 p.m. CST deadline will be considered deposited on that business day. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Longer delays may apply as described in the disclosure you received when you opened your deposit account.
9. Disposal of Transmitted Items. Upon your receipt of a confirmation from State Savings Bank that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to prominently mark the item as “Electronically Presented”, “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. You agree never to re-present the item. You agree to retain the check for at least 60 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After 60 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to properly handle the check and upon request, promptly provided it to State Savings Bank.
10. Deposit Limits. We reserve the right to and may establish limits on the dollar amount and/or number of items or deposits from time to time. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times.
11. Presentment. The manner in which the items are cleared, presented for payment, and collected shall be in State Savings Bank’s sole discretion subject to the agreements governing your account.
12. Errors. You agree to notify State Savings Bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the Services immediately, and in no event later than 30 days after the applicable State Savings Bank account statement is sent. Unless you notify State Savings Bank within 30 days, such statement regarding all deposits made through the Services shall be deemed correct, and you are prohibited from bringing a claim against State Savings Bank for such alleged error.
13. Errors in Transmission. By using the Services you accept the risk that an item may be intercepted or misdirected during transmission. State Savings Bank bears no liability to you or others for any such intercepted or misdirected items or information disclosed through such errors.
14. Image Quality. The image of an item transmitted to State Savings Bank using the Services must be legible, as determined in the sole discretion of State Savings Bank. Without limiting the foregoing, the image quality of the items must comply with the requirements established from time to time by State Savings Bank, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, or any other regulatory agency, clearinghouse or association.
15. User Warranties and Indemnification. You warrant to State Savings Bank that:
16. Cooperation with Investigations. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost, any originals or copies of items deposited through the Service in your possession and your records relating to such items and transmissions.
17. Termination. We may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, and without notice. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless and until it is terminated by us. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of this Agreement, if you use the Services for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or you use the Services in a manner inconsistent with the terms of your account agreement or any other agreement with us.
18. Enforceability. We may waive enforcement of any provision of this Agreement. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or to modify the terms of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. Ownership & License. You agree that State Savings Bank retains all ownership and proprietary rights in the Services, associated content, technology, and website(s). Your use of the Services is subject to and conditioned upon your complete compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting the effect of the foregoing, any breach of this Agreement immediately terminates your right to use the Services. Without limiting the restriction of the foregoing, you may not use the Services (i) in any anti-competitive manner, (ii) for any purpose which would be contrary to State Savings Bank’s business interest, or (iii) to State Savings Bank’s actual or potential economic disadvantage in any aspect. You may use the Services only in accordance with this Agreement. You may not copy, distribute or create derivative works from the content and agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used to provide the Services.
20. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
21. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GODDWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF STATE SAVINGS BANK HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBLITY THEREOF.
4800 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
102 S. Main, PO Box 67
Baxter, IA 50028