Personal Online Banking
State Savings Bank online banking provides big bank convenience with a small bank feel. Loaded with functionality that not only shows your SSB transaction and balance information, it can also show credit cards and accounts you hold at other financial institutions to see a more complete record of your finances. And best of all, it is available 24/7 on your desktop computer or your mobile devices.
Tools for Financial Insight
As soon as you log in, you’ll see all your accounts on a customizable Accounts tile.
- See a quick summary of your current and available balances in each SSB account
- Click Quick Peek to see up to ten recent transactions
- Click on any account to see up to eighteen months of account history
- See a summary of all Loan and Deposit accounts
- Sign up for e-Statements to reconcile your account and verify income, charitable contributions, or other expenses for budget or tax purposes
- Add external accounts such as deposit accounts at other banks, credit cards, 401k accounts, and more to your Accounts tile either by searching from a list or adding the credentials manually
- See your credit score in its own tile and click to see a full report
- View business and personal accounts on mobile devices using a single SSB app
Tools to Move Money
Secure money movement is an expectation in today’s world and our online banking has multiple ways to make that happen, on the fly or scheduled in advance.
- Transfer money between different accounts you hold at SSB, for example, from your savings account to your checking account
- Transfer money to or from accounts you hold at SSB and accounts you hold at another bank
- Pay your SSB loan from an account you hold at another bank
- Use our retail ACH feature to pay people or businesses
- Use Bill Pay to manage your bills in once central place
- Use your mobile phone to remotely deposit a check into your SSB account
Tools to Work Together with Others
People often collaborate on financial matters and we’ve included features to make this easier.
- Launch a chat within online banking to get information or help from SSB staff
- Use our secure e-mail to send and receive messages and documents safely to and from the bank
- Share view-only Access with others, for example, your accountant, financial planner, or a family member, and control which specific account each can view
Tools for Quick Communication
- Fill out and securely transmit a stop payment request form
- See important security, product information, or other urgent news from the bank as soon as you log in
- Temporarily turn off a debit card if it is lost or misplaced COMING SOON!
Tools for Recordkeeping and Online Tax Preparation
- Export your account activity into Quicken or QuickBooks via Direct Connect or Web Connect
- Log in to your TurboTax account from online banking to prepare and transmit taxes
Consumer Online Banking
- How do I enroll in online banking?
Locate the green Online Banking login box on our homepage and click Enroll Now. Fill in the registration form, including the checkbox acknowledging you have read and accept the terms and conditions of service and click the Complete sign up button. If all your answers match the information we have on file for you, you will be granted immediate access to online banking. If something does not match, your application will be placed into a pending status and our staff will review your application manually and notify you when your application is approved.
- Can I create my own username and password?
When you enroll you will create your own username and password. We recommend you choose a username that is easy for you to remember but avoid using information that can be directly tied to you such as your name, address or phone number as these could be easily guessed. Please make your password unique and strong. It is protecting your money and your personal information!
- Must I verify my online banking account?
The enrollment process includes a verification step that requires you to receive an access code by e-mail, by text or by phone. Make sure you can access one of these methods within 30 minutes or the code will expire and you will have to call the bank to complete your enrollment. We recommend you choose phone call or text message for the quickest verification.
- If I do not access my online banking account does it get deleted?
Be sure to access your online banking account regularly. If you fail to access it for six months, your account becomes inactive. After a brief grace period, we will assume you are no longer interested in online banking and your access will be removed. To regain access, you must re-enroll.
- Do you have a mobile app?
State Savings Bank has a mobile app available for both iPhone and Android users. iPhone users can find it in the App Store and Android users can find it at Google Play. Search for: State Savings Bank and look for our familiar green circle ssb icon or click here to access download links.
- What can I do on the mobile app?
Just about everything you can do on the desktop version of online banking you can do on the mobile app. You can view your accounts, make transfers between your accounts, access Bill Pay, deposit checks, make loan payments and external transfers, access money management features, credit score features, chat with bank staff, securely email the bank and more. The only item not available on the mobile app is access to e-statements. If you happen to have a business account and a personal account, you can view both on our mobile app.
- Can I see my credit score in online banking?
Our online banking includes a credit score widget that gives you your score and more! It shows what makes up your credit score, provides a detailed analysis, and ongoing monitoring. You can set credit goals, simulate financial strategies, set alerts and receive credit offers, all at no charge.
- Can I set budgets in online banking?
Yes, a budget widget is included at no charge in online banking allowing you to set a budget, categorize your spending, and see if you are on target!